A Family Law Attorney has a wide range of knowledge and has the expertise to guide you in a variety of family law matters. Some matters that a Family Lawyer might assist you with include the following matters:
- Divorce- This is probably the most common issue for which most people contact a Family Law Attorney. When initiating and experiencing a divorce, emotions can run high and confusion will ensue. Seek out assistance from an experienced Divorce and Family Law Lawyer to ensure that the process is as smooth as possible from beginning to end.
- Domestic Abuse- If you have been mistreated by your spouse or partner, you might consider consulting with a Family Lawyer who will has the knowledge and resources to guide you and advise you in a manner that will keep you and your children safe from more harm.
- Child Adoption- An experience Family Lawyer can you help you through the process of legal child adoption and other Family Law Matters.
- Guardianship- When a natural parent of a child cannot take care of a child adequately, guardianship might be passed over to a friend or family member. The legal guardian makes all legal decisions regarding the child.
- Child Abuse and Neglect- A Family Law Attorney might be consulted when there have been accusations or suspicion of child abuse.
- Child Custody and Visitation Rights- During the divorce process or even after the divorce is finalized, parents might reconsider child custody and/or visitation rights of the other parent. A Family Law Attorney can help you decide what is fair and which environment might be best for the child in the eyes of the law.
If you are in Commack, NY, and you have questions about whether you need a Family Law Attorney to assist you with any legal issues, call The Law Offices of Alan L. Finkel at (631) 462-3100 today to schedule a 30-minute complimentary consultation via Zoom.